and provide sustainable economic, social and financial benefits.
The above picture shows an example of a section of the Elocomm network for residential apartment units. When occupants of unit A suffer internet connectivity problems, such as home WiFi failure or even without wired and wireless internet connectivity, they can still use mobile and wearable devices to issue emergency calls at (NG 9-1-1) standards.
On the one hand, the ‘SOS’ message can travel through the Elocomm network covering the building complex and beyond the next building complex, the street, and the suburb until it gets a data access point connected online to reach the emergency call dispatchers at PSAP call center. On the other hand, an invention apparatus of a local gateway can provide a secured ‘hot spot’ for online and offline access. Subsequently, it establishes an ever-ready physical location network for reliable emergency occupant detection, location, communication, and people-centric inter-locations data collection.
The critical emergency data are made available by the innovative connected Elocomm network. This reliable information communication can provide vertical data and other essential information. The currently in use emergency location information is primarily dependant on GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System), cellular towers, WiFi, AML (Advanced Mobile Location), MBS & handset-based barometric HAE. Elocomm’s innovative network communication goes with patented uninterruptable power supply technology. It can stay active in support of Next-Generation emergency call in a local power outage which disrupts the usual VoIP call in compliance with NG 911 standard, therefore, providing peace of mind for issuing SOS to the occupants.
The Elocomm connected locations network can also convey messages to reach occupants at premises, wherein, with online connectivity, they direct for interactions.It is a perfect electronic channel for local city councils to reach citizens at their permanent physical civil addresses. Therefore, it may enable local governmental services directly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. For instance, bed-tax and or empty home tax by-laws can be implemented based on electronic occupancy records. More importantly, when local emergencies such as gas leaks, fire, accidents, crime incidents, etc., occur, intervention notices in digital format can be effectively sent to the affected premises as precisely as to the neighboring properties on the same floor in multi-story buildings beyond.
In catastrophic scenarios such as an earthquake or other destructive natural or human-instigated disasters, such as terrorist attacks that may cause massive power outages and internet telecommunication blackout, emergency first responders can still access the network offline to collect ongoing and historical data for rescue operations. Our patent-pending ‘black box’ technology can further facilitate restoring such data safely onsite a building at high risk for the public.
The connected location network of Elocomm’s cost-effective apparatus can record occupancy counts on the premises, monitors humidity and temperature on site. In addition, it can ‘make a friend’ with other IoT sensors for collecting and sharing citywide location-based information, such as crowdsourcing air and noise data by voluntary sensors placement on the premises by landlords. It provides a permanently reliable tool for gathering innovative city application environmental, social, and demographic information.
- A citywide geographical map with digitized evacuation plans will dramatically elaborate the current GNSS map with dynamic location and information for emergencies intervention.
- For instance, the digital in-building evacuation floor plan can enable the emergency caller to reveal his indoor position on an indoor geographic map. At the same time, ongoing premises information, including onsite humidity and temperature, and numbers of occupants and their movements, are available for sending to the emergency dispatchers/call centers. The evacuation plan is required by law for high occupancy buildings, specifically for multi-story buildings.
- For instance, on receiving a fire alert in a building with ACM (Aluminum-Combustible-Material) cladding, instant knowledge of occupant movements on each building floor will facilitate firefighters to locate all occupants quickly, effectively manage the evacuation of those on upper levels to contain the risks against the upwardly rapid spreading of smoke and fire.
- For instance, in dealing with alerts such as a distress call from a victim of highjacking inside a building, it is vital to simultaneously verify the likely number of suspects involved and tracking their movements inside the building for the rescue operation.
- Such dynamic location information can also be helpful for emergency warnings. For example, abnormal electronic records of occupancy inside a building, such as breaches on occupancy limit in a confined space at a certain point of time, will trigger building safety compliance issues for fire safety, purposes for use, etc.
- For occupants susceptible to abrupt weather change, typically for those who suffer from ailments, ongoing monitoring by home temperature and humidity sensors becomes essential.
- In this case, mobile or wearable devices may connect with Elocomm’s connected location network for remedial actions. Preemptive care like this can save ailing occupants from urgent hospital treatments. Therefore preserve the insufficient resources for public health, and reduce health insurance claims.